2020 Census Community Worker
Job Location: Modesto – Modesto, CA
Position Type: Temporary – Long Term
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $14.85 – $28.08 Hourly
Travel %: Up to 90%
Job Shift: Flex Day/Evening/Weekend
Job Categories: Community Outreach
WHO WE ARE: Founded in 1966, CRLA’s mission is to fight for justice and individual rights alongside the most exploited communities of our society. Through a network of regional offices and cross-cutting programs, CRLA provides legal services to over 42,000 low-income people annually. Our work impacts farm workers, individuals with disabilities, immigrant populations, LGBT communities, women, children and families in rural areas.
The 2020 Census Community Worker will report to the 2020 Census Coordinator and will promote awareness about the 2020 Census by hosting booths at resource fairs, performing train-the-trainer education, distributing census informational flyers, and conducting door-to-door canvassing all in an effort to educate targeted to Hard to Count populations about the Census to obtain complete count.
Position: 2020 Census Community Worker
Experience:6+ months of work experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Modesto, CA
Term of Employment: Temporary Long Term (12 months), Full-Time
Other: FLSA Non-Exempt, Union Position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote awareness about the 2020 Census.
- Provide 2020 Census community outreach and education to Hard To Count (HTC) populations through forums, workshops, canvassing, train-the-trainer events to partnering nonprofits, hosting canopy booths, and other related events/activities.
- Work with community partners to conduct outreach and education regarding the significance of the 2020 Census.
- Identify HTC populations that are least likely to respond to the census and ensure that such populations understand the importance of participating in the census.
- Collaborate with other agencies on census related activities by maintaining CRLA liaison with local organizations and groups and attending Census-related community meetings.
- Prepare monthly reports summarizing outreach efforts and project progress.
- Community workers will be required to travel throughout Stanislaus County to perform census related work.
- Coordinate and manage a group of volunteer canvassers and flyer distributers.
- Perform other tasks assigned.
- Applicant must have the ability to perform all of the above duties.
- Strong Public Speaking abilities.
- Commitment to serving low income clients.
- Competency and experience with PC and Cloud based systems (Microsoft Office, OneDrive).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interact productively with diverse community populations.
- Spanish-English fluency required. Indigenous Languages preferred.
- Applicants must have reliable transportation, valid CA driver’s license with appropriate car insurance.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn the techniques of conducting community outreach events.
A highly qualified and desirable candidate would also have the following:
- Experience working with low-income families and communities.
- Experience in a non-profit legal services environment.
- Knowledge of researching and investigation methods including computer research.
- Additional language ability relevant to the primary communities.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive public interest union salary scale, generous healthcare benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance) and 401K retirement plan contribution. Generous paid Holidays, paid vacation and paid sick days.
We invite you to submit your application HERE, include your cover letter and resume. Alternative, you may apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include ‘Job Title’ in the subject line of email.
California Rural Legal Assistance thrives on our diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply.